Saturday, June 08, 2013

T-shirts - May 29 - June 2

May 29: Orientation Shirt
Year Acquired: 2010 or 2009
Location: Meadville
front
Not really much of a story for this one. One of many free Allegheny t-shirts, this one given out for helping at orientation. I can't remember which year exactly and the only thing that would make this really significant would be if this was from the year where there was a power outage on our street the day before move-in. 
back
A telephone pole at the end of our street just broke in half, resulting in a flash of light and a power outage. Iris was obsessed with this since we toke her outside in the middle of the night. We probably would have forgotten about it, but Iris brings it up to this day. I guess there was more of a story.

May 30: International Festival
Year Acquired: 1996
Location: CMU

front
I went to events for all the International Festivals while at CMU and I got the t-shirts from at least two, Africa and this one from Latin America. I remember Europe being one of the other regions, but I can't remember the fourth one. This is the only one that still survives. I think the Africa one was lost to a few years of yard work and painting.
back


May 31:  Pittsford Pirhanas
Year Acquired: early to mid-2000s
Location: Meadville
front

A gift from Liz commemorating my love of Rochester. Oddly enough I wore this a few days before learning I wouldn't be visiting the lovely Pittford schools any more. But I'll still have the shirt.

June 2: Iron Man with all the Iron Men
Year Acquired: 2009
Location: Meadville
front

 Another gift from Liz and the first appearance of a comic book t-shirt. Many more to come!




No comments: